St. Peter Martyr School
Time : 12:00 - 2:45 - five days a week
Age: 3 years old
Our Preschool program strives to provide each child a safe, caring and nurturing environment. Our curriculum is individualized to meet the needs and abilities of each child. No comparison of children with other children is made. We stress the importance of using good manners and teach the children to respect and appreciate one another.
Our Preschool program offers a varied curriculum that will allow children to learn, grow, interact, and discover. We will work on language and social development, small and large motor skills as well as music, art, science and math. Through our Religion program the children will learn about Jesus and His friends.
Throughout the year the children work on skills such as learning about colors and shapes, letters and numbers, and counting.
A typical Preschool day consists of:
1. An activity time: During this time children may choose from a variety of activities. We have a children’s block area, a computer area, and a book area.
Children may also choose to build with Duplos, Legos, Lincoln Logs, blocks... and we have a variety of puzzles and other activities.
During this time students also work in small groups on a special activity or project with the teacher and/or teacher assistant.
2. A story time: After cleaning up their activities the children gather on the carpet for a story.
3. A structured learning time: Children work on a lesson which relates to our skill for the day or week (colors, shapes, letters, numbers...). As each child finishes their “work” they then choose to work with puzzles , look at books, work on the computer..
4. A snack time: A nutritious snack is provided for each child. At the beginning of the year parents are asked to pay a $40.00 snack/classroom fee.
5. Outdoor play time: Children have a variety of climbing structures and slides.
6. End of day circle time: Children gather on the carpet for finger plays and/or songs.
7. Dismissal time: Children are dismissed to their parents, carpool driver...
Our Preschool is licensed through the state of California. For safety reasons all children must be signed in and out of Preschool each day by an authorized adult. Our maximum class size is 24 students. There is one teacher and one teacher assistant.
All preschool students must be potty-trained and be able to easily separate from mom and dad.
“What we learn with pleasure we never forget”