· Create a three dimensional piece relating to the theme of conflict.
· Write an “Artist’s Statement”.
· Create something that is out of the ordinary.
· Collages will not be accepted for this assignment.
· You may use, but are not limited to the following:
¾ Paper Mache
¾ Object Sculpture
o Popsicle sticks
o Car parts
The general theme of your piece is to be human conflict. You may use but are not limited to the following:
· Peoples differences
· What drives hatred
Address the following in a narrative style, one paragraph for each.
1. Describe the major idea or concept that lies at the heart of your piece.
Ø Be able to tie it into the theme of conflict
2. Describe the most important thing you learned from this project.
Ø Related to the theme
3. If you were to do the piece again, what would you change or do differently?
Ø Changes that would better express your message and/or ideas
Grading - 200 Points
50% Craftsmanship – Piece shows care, neatness and skillful use of the materials for construction.
20% Creativity – Piece exhibits uniqueness and symbolism.
30% Artist’s Statement – Writing is organized, well developed and includes the three elements.