‘With faith in our future, we learn hand in hand.’
Cross in Hand is a very happy and welcoming school with a team of staff that put their heart and soul into nurturing and inspiring the children. We strive to provide the best learning experience possible for all of our children and hope this website allows you to begin to experience the enjoyment of learning within our school and the team ethos that surrounds it.
Whilst we are immensely proud of our school, we still all continually look for ways to improve and take Cross in Hand forwards. As we work together as a community, we know there is no limit to what we can all achieve.
Our Mission Statement
‘At Cross in Hand Church of England Primary school, we enable each child to thrive, helping them to develop to their full potential within a caring community and an engaging environment. We provide an education of the highest standard built upon the foundations of our strong Christian values and a desire to make learning fun.’
We are a Church of England school with a distinctive Christian ethos, nurturing the whole child within the school and church family. Our school is a happy, friendly and welcoming place where all children are respected and cared for regardless of their age, gender, culture or ability.
We believe that children learn most effectively when they are happy, secure and when they are aware that their contributions to school are valued. We raise self-esteem through praise, encouragement, fairness and tolerance and by discussing their work, their problems, their concerns and their future hopes. Staff are aware of the need of tolerance for others' needs and opinions and communicate this to the children. In developing these, we are aware of the importance of all staff as role models.
- Ensure that Christian values underpin all aspects of our school life
- Provide a warm, secure and welcoming learning environment
- Develop in all our children an awareness of their personal responsibility to themselves and to others
- Encourage them to make the best possible use of their own particular talents
- Teaching good social behaviour and a proper regard for the rights of others
- Organising learning experiences that enable all our children to achieve success
- Provide a broad, balanced and creative curriculum
- Monitoring our children’s progress continuously and use the information gained to develop their learning
- Providing experiences that develop children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness
- Work closely in partnership with parents, our church and the wider community
We understand the importance of parental partnership in helping to achieve these aims. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to actively participate in their child’s school life to help further their learning.