To study American History from the 1600's to the 1800's in an engaging way.
Guiding Questions :
1.Why did Europeans come to America?
2. How did colonists/Americans they use their resources to develop the colonies/America?
3. What was the Social Contract and how did this lead to independence from Britain? ***
4. How did our democratic government develop?
(Early examples of democratic governments and how America handled the following challenges of democratic government: A. Safety v Freedom B. Minority v Majority Rights)***
5. How does the Constitution give our government power while protecting our individual freedoms?
(With an emphasis on the concepts of Separation of Powers, Checks and Balances and Federalism)***
6. Why did America fight a Civil War and what were the effects?
*** - Denotes SLO objectives