e following information is for all
students; bus/van riders, walkers and student drivers. We ask that parents and students frequently
and carefully review this together. Please
call Sandy Kalika, Transportation Coordinator 664-4677, ext. 1223, if you have
questions, or concerns.
and audio monitoring will occur on the buses and may be used in disciplinary
riders will be permitted a maximum of two stop locations; home and/or childcare,
- Students will not be
permitted to ride home on the bus with another student. Emergency situation will be handled on a case
by case basis.
- Be on time at the designated stop, at least 5
minutes prior to the bus arrival.
- Stay well off the road while waiting for the
bus/be considerate of private property.
- As the bus arrives, WAIT until the bus comes
to a complete stop, the red lights are flashing, and the bus driver
signals you to board the bus.
- If crossing the road to board the bus, always
watch for traffic. Stay alert, DO NOT
USE headphones, or cell phones when crossing.
Cross at least 12 feet in front of the bus, look for cars and cross
only with the bus has the red lights on.
ON THE BUS
LEAVING THE BUS
- Upon entering the bus, go directly to your
assigned seat and remain seated and facing forward throughout the route
- Speak in a normal tone of voice, and use proper
language at all times.
- Always listen and follow the driver’s
- Students may not leave the bus at any stop other
than the one assigned.
- When exiting the bus, BE ALERT. Look for traffic, go directly to your stop
and never walk back towards the bus.
- When crossing the road, cross 12 feet in
front of the bus; move promptly to the safety of your stop, never cross behind
the bus. Always be aware of the
- Students should walk a straight route to and
- If crossing guards are provided, students should
listen to their directions and respect them.
- Walkers must use sidewalks where provided. If no sidewalks are provided, always walk
facing the traffic along the edge of the road.
- Walkers should show respect for all property
- The students must have a student driver permission
form completed and returned to the office, and display parking decal where
- All students are to park in designated parking
spaces only and not block fire lanes.
- Students should drive cautiously at all times,
also when in the school parking lot.
- Learn and obey the Pennsylvania school bus
laws: The 8-way light system is used to protect
The yellow flashing lights identify the
vehicle as a school bus and warn drivers that the bus is about to stop to load/unload
school children; BE PREPARED TO STOP.
The Red flashing lights and extended stop
arms indicate that the bus has stopped and students are getting on/off. Motorists must stop their vehicle and wait
until the red lights stop flashing, the extended stop sign is withdrawn, and
the bus begins to move before the other vehicles may proceed. In no event should a driver of a vehicle
resume motion until the school children who have left the school bus have
reached a place of safety.