Welcome to the Corry Area School District Virtual Academy (CVA). CVA provides tailored and flexible online learning opportunities for district students. The Corry Virtual Academy is an option offered to district students who desire computer-based learning opportunities in a flexible, nontraditional setting. Through a partnership with VLN, the district’s cyber school is designed to be a local education option for Corry students currently attending cyber charter schools across the Commonwealth or those considering other cyber options.
The district’s digital coursework provides district students with opportunities for original credit, credit recovery, remediation, alternative education, and even accelerated AP coursework. Course work can be completed through full-time enrollment, part-time enrollment, or a blended format.
What makes the Corry
Virtual Academy most attractive is the
Commitment to helping students succeed and continuous teacher support and
interaction. While courses may be taken online from home similar to other cyber
charter schools, students enrolled in the district’s online program will
continue to be students of the Corry Area School District. Students who
complete their graduation requirements online will also earn the same district
diploma as students in a traditional classroom and may participate in the
graduation ceremony. Online students are
also eligible to participate in the school’s extra-curricular activities,
athletics, and access other district programs and services. In addition, you do
not have to travel outside the district for meetings and other related cyber
If you are currently in a private, out-of-district cyber charter school and are not satisfied with receiving a generic diploma or are a current CASD student who is looking for an alternative to the traditional setting, please follow the Corry Virtual Academy enrollment procedures.
- Full-time tuition free on-line public school option for CASD families
- Over 200 courses available in grades K-12
- Earn an CASD diploma
- Be part of an active supportive school community; participation in all CASD sports and extra-curricular activities, as well as access to school counselors, labs, and libraries
- Taught by highly qualified, Pennsylvania certified teachers
- Curriculum aligned to the Common Core Standards
- Opportunities for enrichment and remediation
- Opportunities to participate in Career Tech courses
- Advanced Placement Courses that meet College Board Standards
- Computer package provided and friendly technical support
- Provides supports necessary for success; homeroom teacher, live teacher support, individual learning plans, office hours, tutoring, 72 hour grading turn around, and extensive online resources and content libraries
- Parent access to attendance and grades
For additional Information Contact:
Dr. Michele Miller
534 E. Pleasant Street
Corry, Pa 16407
814-665-8297, Ext 3206
The Corry Area School District Board of Education established the Virtual Academy and the administration reserves the right to deny admission to the program if it does not serve the best educational interests of the student.