You paid money

too bad, but it might be worth a tax break.

Forms that you want to get, because they are worth money. Even if you already filled, let your tax professional know, and get these documents to them right away, there still might be time to use them to get money back.
  • 1098: Mortgage Interest Statement
    • Contains information on the amount of interest you've paid on your home mortgage, the amount of real estate taxes paid on your behalf, and any applicable mortgage insurance payments.
  • 1098-C: Contribution of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes, to a registered non-profit.
  • 1098-E: Student Loan Interest Statement
    • Interest paid on a student loan, not on the principal. May be deductible even with a standard deduction.
  • 1098-T: Tuition Statement
    • Amount paid to a collage or university. Deductible after subtracting the amount of scholarships that applied, which is also found on this form. Deductible even without itemized deduction.