PLEASE VISIT MY NEW WEBSITE HERE.
This website only hosts past media info of my job market paper, but will not be updated any longer (August 2013).
I am an assistant professor at the Department of Economics at
(1) Macroeconomics (e.g. business cycle)
(2) International Economics (e.g. sovereign default, global imbalances)
(3) Labor Markets (e.g. employment, hours, health insurance)
(4) Banking Sector (e.g. leverage, macroeconomic impact of finance)
(1) Nonlinear Dynamic Programming (for Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Models)
(2) Econometrics (OLS, 2SLS, GMM, etc.; for Cross-section, Time Series, Panel Data)
Job Market Paper:
Media & My Job Market Paper:
"Grace Weishi Gu on Benefit Costs and Jobless Recoveries," The Agenda, by Reihan Salam, November 25, 2012.
"Are Benefit Costs Increasingly Driving the Cyclicality of Employment?" Marginal Revolution, by Tyler Cowen, November 25, 2012.
Other Articles Related to Benefit Costs & Jobless Recoveries:
"Health Costs on His Mind," WSJ, December 20, 2012.
"Benefits Leader Reins In 401(k)s," WSJ, December 6, 2012.
"Give Us A Brake," The Economist, Oct 6, 2012 (Particularly, the Survey Result Table of the Biggest Problems for Small Businesses in the U.S.).
"Big Firms Overhaul Health Coverage," WSJ, September 26, 2012.
"The Effect of Rising Health Insurance Premiums on Employment," NBER, February, 2005.
Other Article Related to Financial Crises & Jobless Recoveries:
"Jobless Recoveries: Labor Lost," The Economist, Oct 25, 2012.
"Comparing the Job Losses in Financial Crises," NYTimes, September 25, 2012.
"US Unemployment: Neither Natural Nor Unnatural," VOX, July 24, 2012.