What does the SBA do?
Getting involved with the Student Bar Association is a great opportunity to get involved and meet other law students who help to form the backbone of Thomas Cooley Law School.
- We approve the formation of and manage financing for student organizations.
- We run the SBA Library where we sell outlines and check out supplemental books for various classes.
- We plan and organize student events and functions: including the Welcome Back Party, Lunch with a Professor, and Student-Faculty Forums.
- We listen to student concerns and needs, and work with the administration to try to address their issues.
- We meet approximately every 2-3 weeks to approve financing for projects and discuss campus issues.
- We are involved with pro-bono service projects and other types of public service.
What you should do upon joining:
- Attending SBA Board meetings approximately once every two to three weeks.
- Serve on a committee and attend scheduled committee meetings or work through email and other correspondence (varies by committee).
- Abide by the SBA bylaws and the Cooley Honor Code.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- Work toward improving Cooley for all current and future students.
- Stay apprised of upcoming SBA and other organizational events through this webpage, campus announcements, and the Facebook page.