Western Michigan University
Thomas M. Cooley Law School
American Bar Association | Law Student Division
As the Interim President of the Lansing campus of the ABA | LSD, I would like to personally welcome you to the Lansing division of the ABA | LSD. The American Bar Association is here to assist you in meeting the challenges of law school by helping prepare you for a successful legal career. Join the American Bar Association | Law Student Division today to start building your professional network!
Our Mission1. To represent law students’ viewpoints to the ABA and to present the ABA's benefits to law students,
2. To help shape the policies and priorities that affect legal education,
3. To create a forum for the exchange and expression of law students' views and a voice to advocate those views, and
4. To promote diversity and equal opportunity within the profession.
Discover the many benefits of belonging to the ABA/LSD
1. Watch your resume rise to the top of the stack through internships, fellowships, clerkships, competitions and volunteer opportunities.
2. Discover your passion through free and affordable practice specialty groups with webinars and networking events.
3. Get help through school and beyond with the Student Lawyer Magazine, FREE career resources including: an online job board, discounts on study aides, bar review courses, and valuable student focused health insurance.
4. Join the network of over 40,000 law students who are leveraging their ABA memberships to lay the groundwork for their professional lives.
The American Bar Association is a life time organization that gives us endless opportunities starting now! If you have not signed up as a student member yet, do not wait any longer! ENROLL NOW for the special law student rate of just $25 a year at www.ambar.org/JoinFor1, $60 for three years at www.ambar.org/JoinFor, or call 800-285-2221.
In case of any questions about the ABA Law Student Division, or law school in general, please do not hesitate to contact me. Congratulations and welcome to WMU Cooley Law School!!
2015 Lansing ABA/LSD Interim President
ABA | LSD