aiff (.aif extension)
wav (.wav extension)
mp3 (.mp3 exension)
mpeg4 audio (mp4 or m4a extension)
QuickTime movie (.mov extension)YouTube Videos are displayed as FLV files embedded in a Shockwave Flash Movie (SWF).
DV file or stream (.dv extension)
mpeg4 video (mp4 or m4v extension)
However, they can be downloaded as MPEG4 files and used directly in Final Cut Express. Directions here
In PC Electronic Classroom you can convert
ogg audio to aiff using Audacity
MPEG1 to DV stream or QuickTime movie, using QuickTime Player ProPhysical Media
FLV to DV stream or QT movie using QT Player Pro (with Perian already installed)
WMV and AVI to DV stream or QT movie using Streamclip (with Flip4Mac already installed)
Audio CDs can be inserted into the computer, the tracks will show up as AIFF files and can be dragged to your folder.
In Advanced Technology Lab you can convert
Same features as above, however:
Perian is not installed (not compatible with some software), so you cannot convert FLV files.
MPEG2 to DV stream or QT movie using SteamClip (with MPEG2 QT component already installed)
WMV and AVI to DV stream or QT movie using QuickTime Player Pro (With Flip4Mac Player Pro already installed)
Physical Media: Portions of VHS tapes and DVDs can be digitized using the edit stations.
Converting video to DV in QuickTime Player Pro
1. Open the file to be converted, then go to File>Export>Movie to DV Stream, select the save location you want, and give the file name a .dv extension. Do not click Save yet:
2. Click on Options, and set them as below:
Converting video to QuickTime Movie using the DV codec with QuickTime Player Pro:
If your video is anamorphic, or 16:9 aspect ratio, select this in Aspect Ratio. Then Click OK, and then click Save.
1. Open the file to be converted, then go to File>Export>Movie to QuickTime Movie, select the save location you want, and give the file name a .mov extension. Do not click Save yet:
2. Click on Options, Click on Video Settings, and select these:
If the movie is anamorphic, or 16:9 aspect ratio, select this in Aspect Ratio
3. Do not select any Filters. In Size, select this:
4. Your final export settings should look like this:
5. Click OK, then click Save.
Converting video to DV or QuickTime movies in other applications
1. Basically, find the same settings as in the above, and duplicate them.
2. It is usually a lot easier converting to DV than to QuickTime, there are fewer setting to worry about.