A. Using iDVD with a mix of 4:3 and 16:9 (anamorphic) DV encoded videos
Final Cut Express (FCE) directions
1. Export your final movie from FCE by going to File>Export>QuickTime movie. Give the name a .mov extension.
2. If your movie is exported from a 4:3 sequence, you can use it as is.
3. If your movie is exported from an anamorphic sequence, open it in QuickTime Player Pro.
4. Go to Window>Show Movie Properties>Select the Presentation tab
5. Select Conform aperture to Production, as shown below
6. Close the Show Movie Properties window. Go to Window>Show Movie Inspector.
7. Make sure both Normal Size and Current Size are 873x480 pixels.
8. Save the movie, and close it.
9. Open iDVD, select Create a New Project. Select the Widescreen (16:9) Aspect Ratio.
10. In iDVD, Preferences>Projects, make sure video Encoding is set to High Quality. This will allow up to 2 hours of video on a Single-Layer DVD.
11. Select a Widescreen theme, such as Soft Frame Main. Deselect animations, both in center button and check box on right.
12. Drag your video assets into the iDVD menu. You can combine both 4:3 and 16:9 assets.
13. In iDVD you are limited to 12 buttons per page, create subpages if you have more than 12 clips.