The year is off to a great start! Compass PTSA had some fun with our August events:
- New Family Picnics: We had two because the first one was a little rainy and cold. Thanks to everyone who braved the cloudbursts! We hope you had a chance to talk to a couple of the “old” families and are enjoying the first weeks at Compass.
- Back-to-School Work Days, Golden and Wheat Ridge: We had an amazing turnout and all the projects, big and small, were completed! Our community was truly dedicated to weeding, mulching, and cleaning up. At Golden, we laid weed-barrier, gravel, and brick edging; deconstructed the yurt platform; and the playground was powerwashed. At Wheat Ridge, we removed the fence bordering the Peace Garden, laid mulch, and planted flowers.
- Back-to-School Picnic: What a wonderful turnout to one of our favorite events! Dozens of kids enjoyed the bouncy-house, popsicles, and the playground, and even a small rainstorm didn’t dampen our spirits. We have so many wonderful families in our community! We also heard Basic Kneads had amazing pizza.
- “Welcome Back” gifts for teachers: Thanks to you, PTSAwas able to give all the teachers a little cash to spend on classroom materials and supplies. Thank you for using your Target Red Card, your King Soopers and Safeway gift cards, and saving box tops and labels to help the teachers get off to a great start.
- Raise money for Compass the easy way! Save and recycle to help fund these events and more! Use your King Soopers and Safeway gift cards every time you shop! Buy one from PTSA (available through the front office and at Back-to-School nights), load at the store, and then use it to pay for your purchases. These cards along with Target Red Card donate a percentage of your purchase to Compass every time you use it. We also earn money by recycling cell phones, ink cartridges and other electronics; and redeeming Longmont Dairy milk caps, box tops, and labels for education.
You can still join the PTSA! Our events and programs are supported solely by YOU. Your membership dues and participation in the grocery card program directly benefit your children, their environment, and the community as a whole. Membership forms can be picked up at Back-toSchool nights, and you can drop them off at the front office.
Meetings are held at 7:00 on the second Thursday of each month, Sept-Dec at the Golden campus and Jan-May at WR. Come find out about all the things we do! The next meeting is Thursday, September 13 at the Golden commons (straight up the stairs into the main building).
The PTSA educates parents in how the school functions and enhances communication between the parents and the Board and Staff. In order to fulfill its mission, the PTSA organizes, sponsors, and hosts activities which provide opportunities for parents to participate in the life of the school, and which benefit the school socially, and culturally.