Directory excerpts of Como residents & businesses
1886/1887, 1922, 1936 (searchable by name, house number, etc.) Online versions of the 1859/60 St. Anthony & Minneapolis directory and the 1909 Minneapolis directory (both viewable by last name)
"Como Architecture Styles: A Guide" with homes and businesses from the 1870s to recent days, the Como neighborhood in Minneapolis offers fine examples of a variety of American architectural styles.
(v9 - 8/2/2008; 8 pages)
"A Como History Calendar 2006" topics include: worship, Pete's Como Barber Shop, Oaks Hardware, Van Cleve Park, housing, transportation, James T. Elwell, Grain elevators, General Mills Research Laboratories, The Rayvic Company, Museum Services, Calvin A. Tuttle, important dates, and an index
Historic re-survey of Como in 2011
Maps of the Como neighborhood
Minneapolis Diagonal Bike Trail kiosks chock-full of historical information. There are 3 kiosks located in Como, all along 18th Ave SE: one at Elm St SE, and two at E. Hennepin Ave (NE & SE corners)
People -- Les Bolstad, Willis Calderwood, Bernt Eidsmo, Elwell Family, Hubert Humphrey, Blanche La Du, Captain John Rollins, Maria Sanford, Otto Schmitt, Mae Snow, John Tate, Calvin Tuttle, The Van Cleves, Charles Way, Louis Wilson, and those featured in "Families of Como"
Places -- Bunge elevator, Columbus School, Como Congregational Church, General Mills Research Laboratories, Mattox Grocery, Tuttle School, Van Cleve Park, historical buildings and homes, the physical environment and listings of current & former Como businesses
Press about the Como area from 1882 to the present
Southeast Como Improvement Association history of the SECIA organization, incorporated in 1983
* Stimart Shoe Shop photo (ca. 1928) 2201 Como Ave SE;
from the Stimart Family Collection