Billing & Financial Aid

We're here to ensure college is affordable for everyone.

Common Questions

How much does College Unbound cost?

Tuition depends on how many credits you take. You can find tuition rates here. You may qualify for federal financial aid and/or scholarships from the college to offset the cost. You can use our net price calculator for an estimate of your expenses.

Tell me more about federal financial aid.

To see if you qualify for federal financial aid, you must file a Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) every school year and release it to College Unbound (school code 042836). You also need to complete an online financial aid interview and provide any requested documents.

The federal government uses a formula to determine your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) and your Cost of Attendance (based on your enrollment) that will determine how much, if any, aid you receive. To receive aid, you must not be in default on any previous federal student loans. You also must make Satisfactory Academic Progress as outlined in the Academic Catalog.

You may receive a Pell Grant that does not need to be repaid. You may also qualify for federal student loans that must be repaid with interest. College Unbound strives to ensure affordability and urges students to contact a financial aid officer before accepting federal loans.

I was selected for verification, what does that mean?

The federal government selects about a third of students for verification. This simply means you need to provide additional documentation to ensure you receive the proper amount of aid. If you have been selected for verification, you will find the requested documents in our online financial aid platform.

I need help with the online financial aid interview.

The online interview is designed to learn more about you so we can tailor your aid to you.

To complete the online interview you will need the following information on hand:

  • Two references with phone and address information (must live at difference addresses).
  • Your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) that can be found on your Student Aid Report (SAR). Directions to access your Student Aid Report.

If you are not living with your parents, when the interview asks you about your parent status, please select unknown.

If eligible, the interview will ask you whether you wish to accept only grants, or grants and loans. Grants do not need to be repaid while loans must be repaid with interest. College Unbound strives to make college affordable and to graduate students with little or no college debt. If considering loans, we encourage you to speak with a financial aid officer about the implications.

Refund Policy

Students who drop after the 7th day of a session will owe a partial bill on a sliding scale as outlined in the Academic Catalog.

Refunds for Overpayment

Students entitled refunds for overpayment or other reasons will receive a check.

I need help. Who can I contact?

If you need help completing the FAFSA, the College Planning Center offers free assistance.

For financial aid questions, you can contact a College Unbound financial aid advisor Tom Norton at

For billing questions, please contact Maureen Kayata online or by phone at (401) 752-2640.