I'm an Associate Professor with a jointIn Spring 2016 I'm teaching "Contemporary Epistemology" (PHIL335), and serving as the director of the Lampert Institute for Civic and Global Affairs.
appointment in the Department of Philosophy and in Environmental Studies at Colgate University. My research focuses on issues in ethics (both normative and metaethics), environmental ethics, and epistemology, with an emphasis on virtue-based approaches to each.
Department of Philosophy
13 Oak Drive
Hamilton, NY 13346
Phone: (315) 228-7817
A somewhat out of date CV can be found at the bottom of this page.
My PhilPapers Page.
Some recently published work:
- “Qualified Agent Virtue Ethics and the Problems of Right Action” in Stan van Hooft (ed.), The Handbook of Virtue Ethics (Durham, UK: Acumen, 2014), 130-40- "Friendship and Epistemic Norms", Philosophical Studies 165:2 (2013), 349-70.
- "A History of Environmental Ethics" for The Oxford Handbook of Environmental Ethics, Stephen Gardiner and Allen Thompson, eds.
Some forthcoming/invited papers:
- "Environmental Virtue Ethics" for The Oxford Handbook of Virtue, Nancy Snow, ed.
- "Patience" for The International Encyclopedia of Ethics, Hugh LaFollette, ed.
- "Virtue Epistemology and the Environment" for The Routledge Handbook of Virtue Epistemology, Heather Battaly, ed.
Some work in progress...
- "Virtue Ethics and Revisionary Accounts of Right Action"
- "Information and Virtue in the Anthropocene Age"
- "An Analysis of Greed"