Access WebTech Notes
Looking for Records
- Open a web browser
- The homepage should be set to the Government Documents Useful Links page
- Click on WebTech Notes under Processing
- On the WebTech Notes homepage, locate the Search bar and click Advanced
- Under Select a Range of Time choose a start date and an end date (1 month)
- Uncheck CC - Cataloging and Classification Update (create list separately)
- Then click Search
- Change the Display Number to 35. Occassionally, you'll have to re-do the search
- Click Select All
- At the bottom of the page, choose HTML and click on the View button, print
- Go back to WTN, move to next page, and repeat until all pages have been printed
- Staple pages together
Preliminary checkingCheck Status (not for CC - see below)
Stamp each record with the search stamp, then search Item Lister, Access,and the catalog, and indicate Y or N for each search.
- In Item Lister and Access, search all item numbers listed for the record. e.g.
"Libraries selecting 1005-F-01 and 1005-C will have 1005-F-02 added to
their selection profile." you must search 1005-F-01, 1005-C, and
- When there is more than one item number to search, and you have found the item number, highlight the numbers that you find.
- for the catalog, search the SuDocs number and a the title.
Access = yes if:
- CURR=c, and
- DSEL not D, and
- INAC not I
Access = no if any of the below:
Cataloging and Classification Section
- Staff search catalog, highlight records that we own and must be fixed
- Insert x note in record: sudoc # on piece reads: [xxx]
- correct SuDocs number in the c tagged 086 field
- insert SuDocs number in the g tagged 086 field, |z for the incorrect SuDocs number in the g tagged 086 field
- give students prints outs
- students pull docs, correct SuDocs on piece, re-shelve
- return to staff printout for any titles that cannot be found
- What to do with pre 1976 titles? Check shelves?