Classification/Cataloging updates (CC)
If students cannot locate on shelves (all locations: gtall, gdoc, gpam, cmfcg) under either the old or new SuDocs number, staff double-check for students, then look for documents shelved incorrectly. Some common shelving errors:
- house and senate hearings committees: e.g. Y 4.F 67/1: and Y 4.F 76/2:
- M and H in SuDocs number
- 1 and I and L (lower case)
- 2 and S
- 3 and 8
- Y 4.AR 5/2: and Y 4.AR 5 A/2:
If no document is found, and item record has a barcode, delete the x note "sudocs # on piece reads" mark the record missing and suppress bib.
If no document is found and item record does not have a barcode, delete item and bib record.
Multiple part monographs or serials
suppress only the item record if there are other pieces on the shelves.
- Staff add record(s) to our Marcive Profile in Access, and if necessary, close out old records
- Close serial records in Sierra, and add 780 785 fields as necessary
- MJW will catalog new serial titles that GPO has created a record for (check CGP), but we have not yet received if the WTN entry is several months old.
o=Item number active but some other change e.g. format change, title change
I=Item number inactive or discontinued