- Check that box is labeled with our number: 0423
- Match shipping list with contents, put into bins
- write shipping list number on a tracking slip and insert into envelope on front of bin
- Flag accompanying material (Lavender)
- Insert blue flags for materials going to non-SuDocs collections (i.e. no SuDocs on cover). List also available in print
- shipping lists with no receipts go into the appropriate slot in the file sorter on top of the processing shelves
- shipping lists with receipts but no documents (primarily separates) go into the appropriate slot in the file sorter on top of the processing shelves
Label CASE Docs Pamphlet
in upper right corner.
- Pamphlets are usually shelved on their spine so that the print reads from bottom to top or from left to right.
- Pamphlets that are wider than they are tall may be shelved with spine to the left.
- Print should never be upside down.
Pamphlets are documents that will get lost on the shelf between other, larger documents. Guidelines: less than 6.5" wide and less than 100 pages.
- Small CIA maps (PREX 3.10/4:) are always pamphlets
- Committee hearings, prints, documents, & reports (Y 4, Y 1.1/) are never pamphlet unless they are committee rules
Consumer type pubs that are pamphlets regardless of size:
- SSA single sheet 8.5" x 11" publications (SSA 1.2: and SSA 1.19:)
- Consumer News (CC 1.59:) unfold
When in doubt, check the shelves. Will the document get lost if shelved all the way to the back of the shelf? Put consumer type material in the pamphlet file, and "research" type material on the shelves.
Label oversize (more than 13 3/4” tall or wide) CASE Docs Oversize
May also be appropriate for documents that are too floppy to stand upright on shelves and too large for pamphlet files.
Label docs that are not oversize, but to tall to fit in the compact shelving (11 3/8 +” to 13 ¾” tall of wide) CASE Docs Tall
- For maps up to 10.25" x 15" (trim to fit if possible) & process as pamphlets (see above)
- Other maps: place on map flattening table. Put a note in the bin directing students to the map table when they process the bin
Make a judgment call : folded and gpam, or unfold and gdoc/gtall/govr. Unfolded is typically preferred, but consult catalog