Search on demand
Search all locations on yellow missing document form. Search for most common mis-shelving possibilities.
- E and ED and EP
- M and H
- P and D
- O and zero
- S1 and SI
- slash as one
- periods as decimals
- serial set slip stems
If document is found:
- Change Mondo record, as needed, to reflect correct location.
- Change SuDoc number on either the document or the Mondo record, as needed.
- Place on hold at the Circulation Desk any paper documents that are found. Do not put microfiche on hold.
- Notify patron.
- Write cause of request (mis-shelved, wrong location, etc.) if can be determined
- Enter into monthly statistics spreadsheet
- File request
If document is not found:
- Change status of item record to s
- Notify patron
- Write not found on request form
- Insert note x=replace if found for the following series:
- Committee hearings, prints, documents, and reports for committees that we select
- Serial Set volumes
- Case Ref Docs titles
- ERIC Documents if not online
- GAO reports if not online
- Smithsonian Annual reports
- Titles in Case or Cooley Journals or Case or Cooley Reference that are not replaced by microfilm or superseded
- Place requests for all other series in MJW’s box, who will decide replacement status and update item records