Normalized call number search
A normalized call number has 3 spaces for letters and 4 spaces for numbers. A search for all J but not JA-JZ:
- call number between J--1--- AND J--9999
- 086 between SI- AND SI-9999
List of Items attached to a single bib record
- Copy bib record number from the bib record.
- Click on the Create Lists button.
- Click on one of the rows titled empty and click the Search Records button.
- Enter an appropriate title for your file.
- Change type of record to Item.
- Change range to Index and select "." for Record #.
- Paste in bib record # both ranges.
- Tab through and select the appropriate values in the respective fields.
- Click Search button.
Adding Items to a Label Queue in Millennium
You can add items to a label queue, print them in a batch then copy them to a review file to rapid/global update.
An item record must be saved before an item can be added to the queue.
Item label queues are based upon login. Each time you queue an item label, that label will be added to your login's queue and will remain there until it is cleared from the queue by printing or when your session ends (logout or crash).
Check that you do not have Print Templates checked.
You can queue item labels from the following places in Millennium:
- Choose Tools>Queue Monographic Label to Print in the edit display of an item record.
- Choose Tools>Queue Monographic Label to Print in the summary display of item records. Can add one item record or multiple item records.
- Select the Queue Monographic Labels radio button in the New Item Report dialog after you have created multiple item records.
To view and/or delete what is in your Print Queue, from either an item record or summary screen: Tools>View Spine Label Queue.
Once created, can use label queues to create review files in Create Lists (see below).Millennium Macro
for queue labels
- Macros tab
- select a free key
- enter: %ALT+t%%ALT+q%%ALT+q%%TAB%
- <aLT>T = tools menu
- <Alt>q = queue label
- <Alt>q = close record
- <Tab> = positions the cursor in the search box. Only works if
your previous search brought up only one record, e.g. when you wand in a
Key to invoke macro:
- Asst. Coordinator computer: <F7>
- Dept. Head computer: <F1>
- Student login (Asst. Coordinator computer): <F12>
Copying File of Queued Monographic Labels to a Review File
- Change the current mode to Create Lists.
- Choose an empty review file by selecting it in the list.
- Click Copy.In the select file to copy from dialog, scroll to the end of the list and select the desired file of labels from those named Labels for batch printing for <username> (<# of records>).
- Click OK; the file of labels is copied to a review file.
Immediately after copying the file of labels, a dialog displays the following message:
Do you want to remove the file copied from?
Click Yes to delete the file of labels.
Click No to keep the file of labels.