Although there are many ways to get a poster to us (e.g., flash/USB/thumb drive, CD/DVD, e-mail attachment) we prefer that you upload it to your Google Drive (or Google Docs*) and share it with us (the Poster Group - Posters@Colgate.Edu).
Share your Poster using Google Drive (was Docs)
- Name your document so we can keep track of it. Include your username and course or professor and part of the title (e.g., DWheeler-PHYS100-MarsPhotos.PPT). (You can also rename it later in Google Drive).
- Check any PDF version to ensure that it contains your entire poster! Even if you want to submit a PDF we suggest that you also submit the source document (e.g., PPT or AI or TIFF).
- Login to your Colgate Gmail account (http://gomail.colgate.edu)
- Upload your document(s) to Google Drive
Share the Google Drive document(s) with Posters@Colgate.Edu
- Open your Drive/Docs (link at top of page)
- Select Upload (icon next to Create)
- Do NOT Convert documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and drawings to the corresponding Google Docs format
- Open the document (or skip directly to sharing by right-clicking on the doc)
- Do not worry about the detailed appearance. Google Drive can't display all the details of a PowerPoint presentation or other content but does the best it can.
- File menu
- Add people...
- Can view
- Send message
- If you have not already done so, let us know the details of your poster request using our web form.
* Google Docs is changing to Google Drive, which you may or may not be already using. They are very similar.
Uploading to Google Drive