- Three people per shift to work in the Food Shelf when it is open. Duties include:
Drivers (who can lift) with vehicles to make local pickups.A communication book for your notes and comments about how things are running during a shift, what items seem to be needed, suggestions you might have for making future operations more streamlined, etc.
- Logging in clients
- Assisting/shopping with clients
- Weighing, checking expiration dates, shelving food donations
- Other jobs requiring immediate attention such as general cleaning, stocking shelves, and overseeing deliveries to the food shelf
- Checking in larger orders (some weekly and some monthly)
- Record-keeping (immediate food needs, information for next shift of volunteers, etc.)
Thank You! The Colchester Community Food Shelf is only effective because of the work of our volunteers. It is because of your dedication that we can continue to help our neighbors in need.
Please call 879-2444 or email MarciaDevino@colchesterfoodshelf.org
if you would like to volunteer. We will give you a tour of the food shelf, review the duties and schedule, and have you w
ork a shift or two while shadowing another volunteer.