The mission of Psi Chi is to produce a well-educated, ethical, and socially responsible member committed to contributing to the science and profession of psychology and to society in general.
Goals for accomplishing above mission:
1. Advance science and the profession of psychology
2. Promote an educational experience consistent with the mission
3. Promote ethical and socially responsible members and leaders
4. Define and establish an organizational structure that promotes our mission
5. Recognize and foster the contributions that diversity makes to the science and practice of psychology
CNU currently has over 500 Psi Chi members. Membership in Psi Chi is for life. While members do not need to be active to maintain membership, they are expected to participate and be active within the organization.
The CNU Psi Chi Chapter can only be successful if members actively participate in the scheduled events. For this reason, we have established a system that enables each member to gain benefits from her/his participation.
Active members will receive a certificate of recognition for their participation in the chapter. This certificate can be listed on resumes, curriculum vitaes, and statements of purpose.
Levels of Participation
During the Fall 2013 semester, members will receive points for their participation in Psi Chi events (attending general meetings, workshops, colloquiums, assisting in fund raisers, etc).
Platinum star - "Extraordinary Participation and Involvement."
Gold Star- "Commendable Participation and Involvement."
Silver Star "Active Participation",
Further information forthcoming