McClintock's School Counseling Department
School Counseling Program Beliefs
- Every student can learn, and every student can succeed.
- Every student should have access to and opportunity for a high-quality education.
- Every student should graduate from high school prepared for post-secondary opportunities.
- Every student should have access to a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators and education stakeholders.
School Counseling Program Vision
The vision of the school counseling department at McClintock Middle School is that all students are persistent, compassionate, life-long learners who are well-equipped to realize their full potential. Our students will enter adult life as knowledgeable, resilient and caring young adults who can lead a productive life and help to create a better tomorrow.
School Counseling Program Mission
The mission of the McClintock School Counseling Program is to empower all students to reach their highest potential by providing comprehensive school counseling services. Our comprehensive school counseling program promotes equity, access and success for all students. Students will master crucial academic, career and social emotional skills. In partnership with administrators, teachers, parents, and community members, the school counselors identify, advocate and remove barriers to allow students to succeed.
Meet your school counselors!
Meet your support staff!
Ms. D is our school's Community in Schools representative. Communities In Schools of Charlotte-Mecklenburg, Inc. is an affiliate of the national Communities In Schools network, the nation’s leading dropout prevention organization. The mission of Communities In Schools is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. We are committed to helping students achieve success in school and continue their education in college or other post-secondary training. As a result, our youth will be better equipped to find meaningful employment, lead productive, gratifying lives, and become contributing members of our society. Ms. D can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Were you unable to attend our most recent parent events? You can watch it online!
EOG Prep and Technology Safety Parent Night on 4/30/19 =
- Tech Safety PowerPoint = https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/15uKDCR1k9XF4eyY_j83bYRloj-2aUT5g0GRgCvX7pDY/edit?usp=sharing
- EOG Prep PowerPoint = https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/17vqBW_uxqOr0SwgyX53DbihZq1CcW6TaSGgmRobNtMw/edit?usp=sharing
Parent Resources Night on 4/2/19 = https://drive.google.com/file/d/1voInL0NLM-WtFMJzQircR_vQw2rGeAeY/view?usp=sharing
Parent Mindfulness Event on 3/19/19 = https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pc45nuhHfqTfXXDAA8XnCCQmP8JZNjuS/view?usp=sharing