M.Tech, MISTE, MORSI, FAGE, (Ph D)
Department of Mechanical Engineering.
CMR Institute of Technology
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Web site :https://sites.google.com/a/cmrit.ac.in/gopi-s/
Mobile No: +91-9880014867
Sixteen years of Professional Academic experience as detailed below:
Ø Presently working as Associate Professor in the Dept. of Mechanical Engg at CMR Institute of Technology Bangalore, from 1st October 2013 to Till Date
Ø Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Mechanical Engg at CMR Institute of Technology Bangalore, from 1st February 2010 to 30th September 2013
Ø Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Industrial Engineering & Management, M.V.J College of Engg, Bangalore, from 1st July 2008 to 25th January 2010.
Ø From 1st March 2006 to June 2008 worked as Senior Lecturer in the same dept.
Ø From 23rd October 1998 to September 1999 & May 2001 to 28th February 2006 worked as lecturer in the same college.
Membership professional forum:
Ø Life Member of operational research society of India ORSI
Ø Life Member of Indian society of Technical education ISTE
Ø Fellow of the Academy of General Education FAGE
Areas of Interest in Teaching:
Teaching Under Graduate Students: Advanced operations research, operations research, Statistics for Engineers, Quantitative Methods, Engineering Economy, Facilities planning & Design, Operations Management, Production planning and control, organizational behavior, Human resource management, Management Information systems, Financial Management & accounting engineering economy (for B.E, MBA graduates)
Teaching Post Graduate Students: organizational behavior, Operations Management, Quantitative Methods, operations research, Human resource management, Management Information systems, Financial Management & accounting.
Areas of Interest in Research:
Reverse Supply Chains, Supply chain Management, Technology Management, optimization (linear and non-linear), Financial markets, portfolio management, competence strategy, Innovative Education and practices.
1. Published a paper on " Solving a reverse supply chain TSP using Genetic algorithms" in International Journal of applied mechanics and materials vol:813-814 pp 1203-1207 Nov 2015.
2. Presented a paper on “Management of Innovation & R&D” @ National Conference on Service Management conducted by Dayananda Sagar College of Management and Information Technology on 29 & 30 Oct-09.
3. Presented a paper on “key Issues in Technology Transfer and Competency –A Literature Review” @ National Conference on Service Management conducted by Dayananda Sagar College of Management and Information Technology on 29 & 30 Oct-09.
4. Presented a paper on” Value Stream Mapping & Manufacturing Process Design For Elements” @ International Conference on Advances in Industrial Engineering applications, ICAIEA 2009, Anna university, Chennai on 6th to 8h Oct.09.
5. Presented a paper on “Competence strategies for depreciating dollar and its impact on Information Technology Industries” @ 49th IIIE National Conference, Trivandrum From 12th to 14th October 2007.
6. Presented a paper on “Role of Technology Management in Education” at Staff Development Program me on “Technology Management” sponsored by AICTE New Delhi From 20th to 31st August 2007.
7. Presented a paper on “Role of Technology Management in Information Technology Industries” at Staff Development Programme on “Technology management” sponsored by AICTE New Delhi From 20th to 31st August 2007.
Awards and Recognition:
Ø Awarded “Best teacher Award” for five consecutive years starting from 2001-2002 to 2005-2006 based on performance appraisal and expert committee.
Ø Awarded as the topper first in the class during master of technology Examinations from MAHE.
Ø Recipient of the Fellowship “The fellow of the academy of general education” from MAHE, Manipal in February 2002.
Ø Recognized as Examiner, paper setter and Evaluator by Visvesvaraya Technological University.
Ø Recognized as Examiner, paper setter and Evaluator by Manipal University.
Ø Recognized as Coordinator in the department for Accreditation & ISO 9001-2000.
Ø Recognized as internal lead auditor.
Ø Recognized as In charge for Dept Budget preparation, Purchase of materials, tools equipment For Mechanical Measurements & Metro logy Laboratory.
Ø Co-coordinator for VTU Sponsored research project 2009 under “assembly line balancing” an amount of Rupees 9.31 lakhs sanctioned.
Ø Co-coordinator in obtaining Rupees 8 lakhs from AICTE under MODROBS for Computerized Metrology Laboratory in December 2008, successfully completed in December 2009.
Ø Co-coordinator in obtaining Rupees 2 Lakhs each from AICTE for conduction of three staff development programmes.
Ø Co-coordinator in obtaining Rupees 14 lakhs from AICTE under MODROBS for Computerized Industrial Engineering Laboratory in July 2009.
Consultancy/Projects undertaken in Industries:
Ø Value Engineering on Alpha Modular Telephone at Indian Telephone Industries Bangalore Complex, Bangalore.
Ø Role of Quality Circles in TQM a study conducted at Foundry and Forge division HAL Bangalore.
Ø Conventional Lathe utilization using work sampling at Aircraft Division HAL Bangalore.
Ø Value stream mapping & manufacturing process design elements at Mico-Bosch Bangalore.
Ø Computerization of job shop scheduling process in a dynamic prototype environment of a CNC Machine shop at GTRE Bangalore.
Ø Optimization of Bus route layoff time between KGF & Bangalore at KSRTC Bangalore.
All the above projects were implemented which resulted in huge savings to the industries
1. Attended Seminar on “Professional and Personal Values” on 16th May 2009 at MVJ College of Engineering.
2. Attended Seminar on “Industrial Practices of Quality Engineering” on 18 th April 2009 at MVJ College of Engineering.
3. Participated and actively organized two week Staff development Programme on “Technology Management” sponsored by AICTE New Delhi from 20th to 31st August 2007.
4. Attended one week course on “Instructional Design & Delivery” Conducted by TTTI Chennai.
5. Participated in the STTP on Quality Control and Management from 16th to 27th August, 2004 at MVJ COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore.
6. Participated in two day intensive workshop on Engineering Economy held on 22nd and 23rd Feb 2005 at SJCIT. Chikaballapur.
7. Participated in the two day intensive workshop on ‘Project Management’ held on 16th and 17th December 2004 at MVJ COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore.
8. Participated in the one day intensive workshop on Strategic Human Resources for effective personality development on 15th Nov 2003 @ MVJ COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore.
9. Attended seminar on Software Engineering on 22nd March 2003 @ MVJ COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore.
10. Attended seminar on Higher Productivity through Time Management on 31st March 2003 at MVJ COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore.
11. Attended seminar on Product Design & Mechatronics o 31st Oct 2002 @ MVJ COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore.
12. Attended seminar on Stress Management on 25th Oct 2002 @ MVJ COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore.
13. Participated in the two day intensive workshop on Supply Chain Management, 20th & 21st Sept 2002 @ Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
14. Attended seminar on Stress Management on 25th Oct 2002 @ MVJ COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore.
15. Participated in the two day intensive workshop on Supply Chain Management, 20th & 21st Sept 2002 @ Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
16. Attended seminar on Probability & Stochastic Model s on 18th May 2002 @ MVJ COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore.
17. Attended seminar on Project Management on 27th April 2002 @ MVJ COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore.
18. Participated in the two day intensive workshop on Simulation Modeling & Analysis 5th & 6th April 2002 @ RVCE, Bangalore.
19. Attended seminar on World Class Manufacturing on 22nd Dec 2001 @ MVJ COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore.