Wednesday– October 24, 2012
Good morning, Morgan. U.S. Brigadier General Sherian Cadoria once told a story about a childhood incident that made a big impact on her life. She and her brother and sister went shopping, and the cashier gave them back a penny too much change. When they got home and told their mom what had happened, she made them walk three miles back to the store to return the money. She punished all three of them because she believed that one of them should have known it was wrong and spoken up.
Brigadier General Cadoria learned a lesson she never forgot. Remember, it takes only one person in a group to say, “This is wrong,” It takes only one person to make a difference. The next time you are faced with peer pressure, do the right thing. Remember this story and be a leader!
1. Attention anyone interested in joining the Fencing Club: there is a meeting Tuesday, Nov. 6, at 6:00 in room 10 for anyone interested in fencing.
2. If you are interested in doing a mural at a local business, please see Ms. Neri.
3. Make-up picture day is this Thursday, October 25, from 7:00am to 12:00pm. If you are unhappy with your picture, please get a retake.
4. The Morgan Political Club hosts the state senate District 33 debate and state house District 35 debate in the auditorium tonight at 6:30. Also, republican house candidate John Samperi visits the club in room 40 tomorrow at 2:15.
5. Seniors: reminder if you are applying early to a college and the deadline is Nov. 15, you must have transcript request forms and letters of recommendation into guidance by Nov. 2. If you have a question or concern, please see your guidance counselor.
6. If you are looking for a job check out the bulletin board outside of the Guidance Office. Many of the retail stores at the Clinton Crossing Outlets are looking for high school students to help during the coming holiday season
8. The Uganda Club is holding its annual Halloween candy contest and it will run during all three lunches. Guess the correct number of candies in the jar and win the whole jar of candy! Entry is only $1 and you may enter as many times as you like. Proceeds will go toward funding our Kinyansano Girls School in Uganda. So enter to win and support a great cause. The winner will be announced on Halloween.
9. The following college representatives will be in the Guidance Office. Students must get a pass from the Guidance Office to attend. today at 1:15, Roanoke College; on October 25 at 9:30, Mitchell College; at 1:15, Sacred Heart University; on October 26 at 9:30, Johnson & Wales University.
10. Athletic events for today, Wednesday, October 24, Morgan JV/Varsity girls volleyball is home vs North Branford at 4:00/5:30; Morgan Varsity/JV field hockey is away at Westbrook High School – 3:45/5:30; Morgan boys and girls cross country is away at Wickham Park at 3:35; Morgan JV girls soccer is home vs Valley Regional at 3:45; Morgan Varsity boys soccer is home at Indian River Complex vs Cromwell at 6:30.