Wednesday– November 7, 2012
Good morning, Morgan. Someone wise once said: Teachers are the true heroes of the world. The dictionary defines a hero as someone admired for his or her strength and courage. The word courage comes from the Latin cor, which means the heart. Teachers teach because they care, because they believe they can make a positive contribution to your life so that you can grow up and make a positive contribution to the world. Teachers teach because they want to make a difference in your life. Today, acknowledge your teachers for caring enough to teach. Give them a hug or a thank-you note or a few words of support.
1. Signups for a spectator bus for tonight’s match between East Hampton & Morgan are in room 64. The match is at 6:00 in Cromwell. The bus will leave at 4:45. Come and support your Huskies!
2. High School Bowl is on for today. Meet in the lobby at 2:20 to go to North Branford.
3. The senior courtyard is closed for the winter.
4. Saturday, Nov. 17, the senior class will host an “Open Mic” at Malone’s Coffee House from 8 to 11pm. Admission is $5 at the door. If you would like to perform, contact Lenny Paul ASAP.
5. The 2013 Ski trip permission slips are out. Pay by December 7 and receive a discount. See Mrs. Nadeau for details in room 39. Permission slips are available in the main office. See you on the slopes!
6. If you are looking for a job, check out the bulletin board outside of the Guidance Office. Many of the retail stores at the Clinton Crossing Outlets are looking for high school students to help during the coming holiday season.
7. The winter sports season is fast approaching. Remember, you need to sign up in the nurse’s office between classes and during lunch if you plan to play a winter sport.
8. Any Morgan student interested in auditioning for this year’s musical, Once Upon a Mattress should plan to attend the annual meeting next Tuesday, Nov. 13, at 7pm in the auditorium. All patron drive and audition materials will be passed out at that time.
9. FOMM pie pickup is scheduled for Nov. 12 from 5 to 5:30pm in the Morgan front lobby. The Innisbrook wrapping-paper fundraiser can be found on the band bulletin board.
10. A representative from the University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford will be in the Guidance Office on November 15th at 1:15. Students must get a pass to attend the presentation.
11. Athletic Event for Wednesday, November 7, is Morgan girls volleyball, the Shoreline Conference Championship Game, East Hampton vs. Morgan at Cromwell High School at 6:00.
Daily Announcements >