Friday– October 26, 2012
Good morning, Morgan. We have a lot of teachers here at our school, many more than you realize. There are hundreds of teachers in the halls between classes, and dozens in every classroom. You see, we have adult teachers and student teachers. That’s YOU. That’s right! The truth is that everyone is a teacher and a student. We are all learning and teaching all the time. The question is: What are you teaching others through your words and actions? Listen to the words of American philosopher Henry Brooks Adams: A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops. In other words, what we teach others today can influence them for the rest of their lives. Today, teach others the greatest of all lessons. Teach them the Golden Rule by treating them the way you would want to be treated.
1. This Sunday, REACT will be hosting its second annual Haunted Hallways. It starts at 6:30pm and tickets are $3 at the door. We hope you come and have a thrilling time!
2. Attention anyone interested in joining the Fencing Club: there is a meeting Tuesday, Nov. 6, at 6:00 in room 10 for anyone interested in fencing.
3. Seniors: reminder if you are applying early to a college and the deadline is Nov. 15, you must have transcript request forms and letters of recommendation into guidance by Nov. 2. If you have a question or concern, please see your guidance counselor.
4. Attention seniors: senior superlative sheets are due today. Please hand in your votes to Allie Rivas, Alyssa Pascarella, or Mrs. Robinson by the end of the day.
5. If you are looking for a job, check out the bulletin board outside of the Guidance Office. Many of the retail stores at the Clinton Crossing Outlets are looking for high school students to help during the coming holiday season.
6. The Uganda Club is holding its annual Halloween candy contest and it will run during all three lunches. Guess the correct number of candies in the jar and win the whole jar of candy! Entry is only $1 and you may enter as many times as you like. Proceeds will go toward funding our Kinyansano Girls School in Uganda. So enter to win and support a great cause. The winner will be announced on Halloween.
7. The following college representatives will be in the Guidance Office. Students must get a pass from the Guidance Office to attend. Today at 9:30, Johnson & Wales University. October 29 at 1:15, University of Saint Joseph; on October 31 at 1:15 Fitchburg State University; November 1 at 9:30, Lincoln College, at 1:15, Monmouth College; on November 6 at 8:30, University of Bridgeport.
8. Democrat Tom Vicino, candidate for CT state representative, visits the political club on Tuesday October 30 at 2:10.
9. Athletic events for today, October 26, are: Morgan boys varsity soccer is away at the Veteran's Stadium, Notre Dame-West Haven at 3:45; Morgan girls JV/Varsity volleyball is away at Haddam Killingworth, 4:00/5:30; Morgan varsity football is home at Peters Complex vs Haddam-Killingworth at 6:30; Saturday – October 27, Morgan JV boys soccer is away at Notre Dame, West Haven -Veteran's Stadium at 10:30; Morgan JV football is away at Haddam Killingworth HS at 10:30.