Tuesday– November 6, 2012
Good morning, Morgan. Do these words sound familiar? There comes a time when we must heed a certain call. It’s time to lend a hand to life, the greatest gift of all. These words come from the famous song We Are The World. It raises an interesting question. How do we “lend a hand to life.”? We can literally use our hands to do things that encourage life, support life, and affirm lift. We can use our hands to create a garden or to feed someone. We can use our hands to create a beautiful painting or an inspiring story. We can use our hands to pick up litter. We can use our hands to give someone a pat on the back. Today, notice what you do with your hands. Look for ways to use your hands in positive, healthy, life-affirming ways.
1. There will be a fencing meeting tonight in room 10 at 6:00 for anyone interested in fencing.
2. Reminder to all Interact members that there will be a meeting tomorrow, Nov. 7, at 7:10 in the Morgan library.
3. Saturday, Nov. 17, the senior class will host an “Open Mic” at Malone’s Coffee House from 8 to 11pm. Admission is $5 at the door. If you would like to perform, contact Lenny Paul ASAP.
4. School-wide ski trips this year will be: Okemo Mtn, Vt. on January 5, 2013; Sunapee Mtn, NH on January 26, 2013; Okemo Mtn, Vt on February 9, 2013. Cost of the trips will be $80 each if paid by December 7; after that date fee will be $90. Planned time of departure from Morgan will be 5:00am. See Mrs. Nadeau for further information.
5. If you are looking for a job, check out the bulletin board outside of the Guidance Office. Many of the retail stores at the Clinton Crossing Outlets are looking for high school students to help during the coming holiday season.
6. The winter sports season is fast approaching. Remember, you need to sign up in the nurse’s office if you plan to play a winter sport.
7. Any Morgan student interested in auditioning for this year’s musical, Once Upon a Mattress should plan to attend the annual meeting next Tuesday, Nov. 13, at 7pm in the auditorium. All patron drive and audition materials will be passed out at that time.