Thursday– November 8, 2012
Good morning, Morgan. English writer Samuel Johnson once advised: Pause for a while from learning, to be wise. Every day we pause and listen to a few words of wisdom from around the world. Why is that so important? Why do we need wisdom? Having wisdom means having the ability to make good, sound decisions. It means having the ability to make healthy, wise choices. Today, ask yourself this: How can pausing to listen to a few words of wisdom help me make wiser choices? Then remember this Japanese proverb: Knowledge without wisdom is a load of books on a fool’s back.
1. The senior courtyard is closed for the winter.
2. Saturday, Nov. 17, the senior class will host an “Open Mic” at Malone’s Coffee House from 8 to 11pm. Admission is $5 at the door. If you would like to perform, contact Lenny Paul ASAP.
3. The 2013 Ski trip permission slips are out. Pay by December 7 and receive a discount. See Mrs. Nadeau for details in room 39. Permission slips are available in the main office. See you on the slopes!
4. If you are looking for a job, check out the bulletin board outside of the Guidance Office. Many of the retail stores at the Clinton Crossing Outlets are looking for high school students to help during the coming holiday season.
5. The winter sports season is fast approaching. Remember, you need to sign up in the nurse’s office between classes and during lunch if you plan to play a winter sport.
6. Any Morgan student interested in auditioning for this year’s musical, Once Upon a Mattress should plan to attend the annual meeting next Tuesday, Nov. 13, at 7pm in the auditorium. All patron drive and audition materials will be passed out at that time.
7. FOMM pie pickup is scheduled for Nov. 12 from 5 to 5:30pm in the Morgan front lobby. The Innisbrook wrapping-paper fundraiser can be found on the band bulletin board.
8. A representative from the University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford will be in the Guidance Office on November 15th at 1:15. Students must get a pass to attend the presentation.