Morning Announcements Monday– November 5, 2012
Good morning, Morgan. Dr. Blandina Cardinas Ramirez was a lucky little girl. Her father taught her a very important lesson early in life---the importance of learning from others. Here’s what Dr. Ramirez says to us today: I am eager to learn from others whether it is a person doing his/her homework or someone at the highest level of government. My father believed you could learn from a farm worker or a president, and you should respect both equally. Dr. Ramirez grew up with some valuable wisdom. She eventually served under former President Jimmy Carter as the commissioner of the Administration for Children, Youth, and Families. Her eagerness to learn from others helped her become an extraordinary American. Today, remember Dr. Ramirez and notice all the opportunities to learn from others.
1. Seniors: reminder if you are applying early to a college and the deadline is Nov. 15, you must have transcript request forms and letters of recommendation into guidance today. If you have a question or concern, please see your guidance counselor.
2. If you are looking for a job, check out the bulletin board outside of the Guidance Office. Many of the retail stores at the Clinton Crossing Outlets are looking for high school students to help during the coming holiday season.
3. The following college representatives will be in the Guidance Office. Students must get a pass from the Guidance Office to attend. on November 6 at 8:30, the University of Bridgeport.
4. Morgan girls volleyball is home vs. Valley Regional for the Shoreline Conference semi finals at 6:00.
5. The winter sports season is fast approaching. Remember, you need to sign up in the nurse’s office if you plan to play a winter sport.
6. There will be a girls basketball meeting for all girls who plan to play this year tomorrow morning at 7:20am in room 64. It will be the only meeting before the start of practice. If you cannot attend, speak to Sarah Thompson, Tori Hopkins or Mr. Grippo.
7. Float building will begin tonight from 5 to 7 pm. 8. There will be a Student Council meeting tomorrow morning at 7:10 in room 54.