Morning Announcements Monday– November 12, 2012
Good morning, Morgan. Today we are celebrating Veterans Day, a day set aside to honor those who have served in the American armed forces. So do you know someone who has served in the American armed forces? …a parent or relative, a teacher or neighbor? Now is a great time to thank them for their service to our nation. You might ask them where they served and for how long. How did their time in the armed forces affect them? What was good about the experience? What did they learn from it? On this Veterans Day, remember this: Honoring a veteran on Veterans Day can mean nothing more than a simple acknowledgment and a sincere thank you, one human being to another.
1. The volleyball team advanced to the quarterfinals of the State Tournament with an impressive win against Valley. They won despite playing before a partisan Valley crowd in the Morgan gym. Their next match is today against Seymour, the team that knocked Morgan out of the tournament last year. Match time is at 6pm. Hopefully, fans from the student body will be there to support the team. Good luck, girls!
2. On Thursday, the cafeteria staff will be celebrating its 15th Thanksgiving dinner. This is a proud moment to share our thanks with our students and staff at Morgan.
3. Seniors: don’t forget to submit your senior profile and baby picture to Mrs. Robinson by Nov. 15.
4. Saturday, Nov. 17, the senior class will host an “Open Mic” at Malone’s Coffee House from 8 to 11pm. Admission is $
5 at the door. If you would like to perform, contact Lenny Paul ASAP.5. The 2013 Ski trip permission slips are out. Pay by December 7 and receive a discount. See Mrs. Nadeau for details in room 39. Permission slips are available in the main office. See you on the slopes!
6. If you are looking for a job, check out the bulletin board outside of the Guidance Office. Many of the retail stores at the Clinton Crossing Outlets are looking for high school students to help during the coming holiday season.
7. The winter sports season is fast approaching. Remember, you need to sign up in the nurse’s office between classes and during lunch if you plan to play a winter sport.
8. Any Morgan student interested in auditioning for this year’s musical, Once Upon a Mattress should plan to attend the annual meeting tomorrow, Nov. 13, at 7pm in the auditorium. All patron drive and audition materials will be passed out at that time.
9. FOMM pie pickup is scheduled for this afternoon from 5 to 5:30pm in the Morgan front lobby. The Innisbrook wrapping-paper fundraiser can be found on the band bulletin board.
10. A representative from the University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford will be in the Guidance Office on November 15th at 1:15. Students must get a pass to attend the presentation.
11. Athletic events for today, November 12: Morgan JV football is away at East Hampton, vs.Vinal Tech at 3:30. Morgan girls volleyball is home vs. – Seymour – CIAC Tournament at 6:00; Morgan girls soccer is away vs. Capital Prep at Dillon Stadium in Hartford – CIAC Tournament starting at 4:00.
Daily Announcements >