A major role of the Foundation is to sponsor projects that promote learning and recognize and reward student and staff achievement. A growing number of businesses and industries provide financial support for these programs.
- Charles I. Dover Teacher Incentive Program provides three grants for creative and unique projects submitted by teachers and faculty.
- Homework Hotline provides assistance weekday evenings to students in all grade levels in all subject areas. Students may call (704) 476-8315 from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, and a certified teacher will be available to help.
- Math Day provides team and individual mathematics competition for fifth-graders from all elementary and intermediate schools at Gardner-Webb University each year. Laughlin Furniture Outlet, The Star, PPG Industries, First National Bank and Duke Energy have served as corporate sponsors in recent years. Judges are representatives of businesses and industries.
- Hoyt and Anne Dover Bailey Teaching Excellence Awards Program is sponsored annually through the Foundation to recognize outstanding teachers as chosen by the top academic seniors of Burns, Crest, Early College, Kings Mountain and Shelby high schools.
- Carl Debrew Hero Awards Program is underwritten by Laughlin Furniture to recognize elementary and middle school students who have overcome adversity to achieve success.
- Hoyt Q. Bailey Agape Teacher Award is presented to three teachers for their efforts in turning around the life of a student or providing exemplary care and concern for students.
- The David Hinson Award is named in honor of a former transportation director of Cleveland County Schools and presented annually to exemplary bus drivers. The Foundation co-sponsors this monetary award with the Cleveland County Board of Education.
- The Glenn Lumber Co. and Laughlin Furniture Robotics Competition is held by the CCS Educational Foundation each year providing awards and prizes to the top three elementary, intermediate, and middle school teams.