***The District Band read-through scheduled for today (Jan. 23rd) has been CANCELLED due to poor weather!***
The Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA) is a statewide nonprofit organization of over 4,500 members, dedicated to promoting the musical development of all Pennsylvanians. The present membership evolved from a small group of band directors dating from 1933. Today, the organization includes those engaged in music instruction at all levels, from preschool through college and university, as well as those in the music industry, merchandising and publishing. The organization promotes and supports quality music education, learning and performance as well as promoting and supporting music education in schools and communities. PMEA is affiliated with The National Association for Music Education, NAfME.
PMEA State Website:
Student 4 Step Form Process:
- Step One - Fill out the student contract using the link below. This will need to be done once at the beginning of the festival process, and then will be passed on, electronically, from festival to festival. One student contract must be completed for each strain. (band, chorus, etc.) (This step does not apply to song fest or band fest.)
- Step Two - Fill out the student medical form (and the medical Administration Form if Applicable) using the link below. You will still need to print this out and bring it to pre-auditions. From there is will be passed on from festival to festival, unless there is a change in your medical history. In that case, it is your responsibility to notify your director and supply a new/updated medical form. One medical form must be completed for each strain. (band, chorus, etc.)
- Step Three - Fill out the PMEA Student Acceptance Policy using the link below. You will need to print this out and bring it to pre-auditions. This will need to be filled out once for each strain, and will be passed along, from festival to festival.
- *Step Four - Using the link below, please fill out the Dietary Needs and Instrument Responsibility forms. These will also need to be filled out once for each strain, and will be passed along, electronically, from festival to festival.
* This step is not applicable to every student.
Congratulations to our 2016 billboard winners!