The Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA) is a statewide nonprofit organization of over 4,500 members, dedicated to promoting the musical development of all Pennsylvanians. The present membership evolved from a small group of band directors dating from 1933. Today, the organization includes those engaged in music instruction at all levels, from preschool through college and university, as well as those in the music industry, merchandising and publishing. The organization promotes and supports quality music education, learning and performance as well as promoting and supporting music education in schools and communities. PMEA is affiliated with The National Association for Music Education, NAfME.
PMEA State Website:
Student 4 Step Form Process:
- Step One - Fill out the student contract using the link below. This will need to be done once at the beginning of the festival process, and then will be passed on, electronically, from festival to festival. One student contract must be completed for each strain. (band, chorus, etc.) (This step does not apply to song fest or band fest.)
- Step Two - Fill out the student medical form (and the medical Administration Form if Applicable) using the link below. You will still need to print this out and bring it to pre-auditions. From there is will be passed on from festival to festival, unless there is a change in your medical history. In that case, it is your responsibility to notify your director and supply a new/updated medical form. One medical form must be completed for each strain. (band, chorus, etc.)
- Step Three - Fill out the PMEA Student Acceptance Policy using the link below. You will need to print this out and bring it to pre-auditions. This will need to be filled out once for each strain, and will be passed along, from festival to festival.
- *Step Four - Using the link below, please fill out the Dietary Needs and Instrument Responsibility forms. These will also need to be filled out once for each strain, and will be passed along, electronically, from festival to festival.
* This step is not applicable to every student.
Spring is almost here and that means PMEA’s Advocacy Day is almost here too. WE NEED YOUR PARTICIPATION. YOUR VOICE AS A MUSIC EDUCATOR IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER.
Please plan to join us on Monday, March 20th, 2017!
We’re still working on finalizing details of our legislative asks but now is the time for you to register to attend and start setting up legislative appointments. We’ve made it as easy as possible to register.
2) Click on “2017 Music Education Advocacy Day Information”
3) Read the link “How to Request A Meeting, Logistical Information” - all the information you need to know to register and begin scheduling your meetings is on here.
4) Register to attend advocacy day and being scheduling appointments. While you are scheduling appointments, if a staffer asks what you plan to meet about you can let them know it’s about the state budge and music education.
I can’t over emphasize the importance of your attendance in Harrisburg. We are only a force for change if we have a large turnout. Stay tuned for more updates. But, at this point, please consider attending! We need your voice!
Congratulations to our 2016 billboard winners!