Start Here: Background Reading
Also see the documentation for V8
- UI Development Practices: Best practices for UI development inside and outside of Chrome's content areas.
- Views framework: Our UI layout layer used on Windows/Chrome OS.
- views Windowing system: How to build dialog boxes and other windowed UI using views.
- Aura: Chrome's next generation hardware accelerated UI framework, and the new ChromeOS window manager built using it.
- NativeControls: using platform-native widgets in views.
- Focus and Activation with Views and Aura.
See also the documentation for GYP, which is the build script generation tool.