Supports Chrome v55-57
- Fixes a bug which blocked ChromeDriver automation extension from loading and thereby causing window resizing/positioning & screenshot functionalities to break.
- Fixes a bug where NetLog json files were being truncated.
- Fixes a bug which caused ChromeDriver to timeout and/or hang randomly while a dialog is showing.
- Fixes a bug which caused FindElements to fail in some scenarios.
- Various updates to work with Chrome 57+ .
For details, please refer to the notes
. The latest version is recommended, and bugs will not be fixed in previous versions.
This release fixes a bug which caused ChromeDriver to fail on pages with SharedWorkers.
- Fixes a bug which caused SendKeys to fail to send a space character.
- Support for emulating different network connections (e.g. offline, 2G, WiFi).
- Support for automatically handling unexpected alerts.
- The latest WebDriver atoms have been imported.
- Prevents random error when accepting a dialog.
- Fixes a bug which causes ChromeDriver to crash during Runtime.consoleAPICalled events from Chrome 54+
- Prevents timeouts when fetching logs while a dialog is showing
- Fixes for SendKeys errors, particularly with Chrome 53+
- Fixes for calls to GetLog, both to reduce timeouts, and support changes in Chrome 53+
- Updates to support recent remote debugging protocol changes in Chrome
- A fix for ChromeDriver on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, which sometimes causes session initialization failures
- A fix for a bug where console log messages were not being seen by ChromeDriver
Changes include many bug fixes, particularly for Chrome 51+. This includes fixes for various scenarios that caused ChromeDriver to timeout and/or hang.
Changes include numerous bug fixes, and improved support for recent versions of Chrome. A few changes were made to bring ChromeDriver in line with other WebDriver implementations, and may break some existing tests:
- Calls to GetTitle will now return a blank string if the page has no title. Previous versions returned the URL of the page in this case. Tests that need to check for the URL should do so explicitly.
- Calls to GetUrl will now return the URL of the top-level browsing context, rather than the URL of the current frame. This matches what is shown in the browser's address bar, and tests that need to check for the URL of the frame can evaluate the JS expression
- Fixes to make ChromeDriver compatible with recent versions of adb
- Unicode conversion fixes on Chrome OS
- The /sessions endpoint now uses a key named "id" rather than "sessionId" (as required by the WebDriver Wire Protocol)
- Access to <webview> tags is now possible through ChromeOptions.windowTypes
- Changes to mobile emulation:
- Device width, height and pixel ratio are now optional parameters
- The list of mobile device names has been updated to match those in DevTools
- The latest WebDriver atoms have been imported
- More bug fixes to to reduce "stale element" and "no such element" errors on Chrome 44+.
- Prevent a crash in canary Chrome builds when using ChromeDriver in mobile emulation mode.
- Return the HttpOnly attribute in cookies, if one is set.
Changes include many bug fixes that allow ChromeDriver to work more reliably with Chrome 44+.
- Fixes to reduce flakiness in screenshot tests.
- Bug fixes for synthetic scroll and tap actions.
- ChromeDriver no longer attempts to silence error messages on Windows. This makes output more verbose but fixes some issues that occur when running ChromeDriver tests in Task Scheduler.
- The print preview dialog is now included in the list of window handles, if it is on screen.
- The latest WebDriver atoms have been imported.
- Experimental support for Touch Actions
- Fixed a bug when navigating back or forwards, where ChromeDriver sometimes would not wait for the page to finish loading
- Fixed a bug when navigating or reloading a page, where ChromeDriver would sometimes send commands to the wrong <iframe>
- On Windows, we now always use a US keyboard layout for keycode conversions, which matches what we do on Linux
- When using performance logging, Timeline is now disabled by default, since it is deprecated in Chrome 42+
- Improved error checking and error messages
- Support for Shadow DOM.
- Support for the /sessions WebDriver command.
- Getting the location of an element, and moving the mouse to an element, now uses the center of the first ClientRect, rather than the center of the bounding box.
- Closing a Chrome session with a custom user data directory now uses SIGTERM on POSIX, which ensures that the browser updates any preferences and settings in the profile directory after the test completes.
- The list of window handles now includes extension popup windows.
- Chromedriver times out waiting for Tracing.end command to respond
- GoBack command times out on all platforms
- ChromeDriver port server fails to reserve port
- Commands goBack and goForward have race condition.
- chromedriver fails with "Chrome version must be >= 31.0.1650.59" on Android 4.4.3 webviews
- silence chrome logging by default on windows
- ChromeDriver fails to close DevTools UI before executing commands
- Support for Chrome apps that use the <webview> tag
- Bug fixes for mobile emulation
- The ability to override a custom user data dir's existing preferences through desiredCapabilities.chromeOptions.prefs
- A fix for a memory leak in ChromeDriver
- Bug fixes for session initialization on Chrome OS
- Support for mobile emulation on desktop browsers [chromedriver mobile emulation docs]
- Support for tracing [chromedriver tracing docs]
- Removal of the "ignore certificate error" infobar
- Support for extensions in .zip format
- The latest Selenium WebDriver atoms
- Support for the latest versions of Chrome
- Numerous bug fixes, including various fixes to page loading, and issues related to element visibility and interactability
For a list of issues that have been resolved, please refer to the notes