Byung-Ro Moon is an Professor in the School of Computer Science and Engineering at Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
His primary interests include optimization, algorithm design/analysis/application, genetic algorithms and evolutionary computation, complex systems, internet 1-to-1 marketing, VLSI circuit partitioning/placement/routing, evolvable hardware, scheduling problems, etc.
B.S. Dept. of Computer Science and Statistics, Seoul National University, Mar. 1980-Feb. 1985
M.S. Computer Science Dept., Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Mar. 1985-Feb. 1987
Ph.D. Computer Science Dept., Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, Aug. 1991-Sep. 1994
Associate Research Staff, Central Laboratory, LG Electronics, Feb. 1987-July 1991.
Teaching Assistant, Computer Science Dept., Pennsylvania State University, June 1992-Aug. 1994.
Postdoctoral Scholar, VLSI CAD Lab, UCLA, Dec. 1994-Jan. 1996.
Principal Research Staff, DT Research Lab, LG Semicon, Feb. 1996-Aug. 1997.
Professor, Computer Science Dept., Seoul National University, Sep. 1997-present.
Honors & Activities
Publication Chair, IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, 2001.
Program Committee Member of
- JCEANF'97 (Seoul, Korea),
- Genetic Programming Conference, 1997.
- Genetic Programming Conference, 1998.
- International Conference on Intelligent Automation and Control, 1998.
- Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003.
- Korean Government Overseas Scholarship, 1991-1994.