5-12-16 Spring Practice Tests - Practice tests for grades 3-11 in both math and ELA with answer keys provided. These are great classroom tools for 'Problem of the Week', teaching test taking strategies, and for excellent practice at home!
1. Edcite - Create and share common core aligned assignments and assessments!
2. The Stoplight Method - This clip features a high school ELA teacher using a variation on an exit ticket to close out her lesson (1 minute; all grades)
3. Feed Forward - A powerful formative assessment strategy for English teachers engaged in working with student writing.
4. From Understanding by Design, a great tool to support assessment revision to insure necessary rigor! Thank-you Mrs. Cindy Collins!
5. SBAC released items searchable by grade span and claim, organized by standard! This includes all types of assessment prompts! EUREKA!!!
6. Formative Assessment with Technology - Rich collection of resources in LIVEBINDER format from the 2014 METC (Midwest Education Technology Conference and/or Motivate/Engage/Transform/Connect).
TEACHING CHANNEL RESOURCES
1.) Formative Assessment:Understanding Congruence - High school students explore congruence using complex rigid motions (paper/pencil and Geogebra are featured student tools) 15 minutes
2.) Formative Evaluation with Fractions - Watch this 4th grade Montana teacher work through the four stages of formative assessment - clarify, elicit, interpret, and act on. 3 NF A.1 Mathematical Practices 1,2 (16 minutes)
Teacher Resources >