A student who qualifies, according to the criteria below, and continues an education at a Missouri public community college or vocational/technical school may be eligible for state reimbursed tuition, fees, and up to 50% of the cost of books, subject to legislative appropriations, for up to two (2) years.
- Attend a designated A+ School for three (3) consecutive years prior to graduation
- Graduate from high school with at least a 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 GPA scale
- Have at least 95% attendance record for the four (4) year period prior to graduation
- Perform fifty (50) hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring for younger students
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs
- Make a documented, good faith effort to secure all available federal post-secondary students financial assistance funds that do not require repayment (FAFSA)
- Register for the Selective Service, if applicable (males)
- Score at a level of Advanced or Proficient on the Algebra I End of Course Exam (Starting with the graduating class of 2015)
The student’s financial incentive may be available, providing state funding is available, for a period of two (2) years during the four (4) years following the student’s high school graduation. The tuition incentive may only be available to reimburse the unpaid balance of the cost of tuition, fees, and up to 50% of the cost of books, subject to legislative appropriation. To maintain eligibility during that time, each participating student must enroll at and attend a Missouri public community college or vocational/technical school on a full-time basis, and must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.