|Cheshire High School - PTO|
The Cheshire High School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is a non-profit, volunteer organization, whose objective is to enhance the high school experience for the students of Cheshire High School (CHS). Through the PTO, parents, guardians, teachers, and administrators work together to enrich the educational and social environment of CHS.
MISSION: The CHS PTO serves to inform parents of PTO and school activities and provides a venue for their participation. Working with the CHS staff, the CHS PTO provides students with enrichment programs as well as social and community service opportunities.
GOALS: Our goals include:
· Raise parent awareness of school and PTO activities and opportunities.
· Support the school in its mission to provide a quality education to the students of CHS.
· Encourage open communication between parents and staff.
· Raise and administer funds to enhance the learning experiences and opportunities of students.
· Provide volunteer opportunities for parents through the PTO.
· Provide community service opportunities for students through the PTO Student Chapter and
MEETINGS: Monthly meetings are usually held
the on the second Wednesday of the month in the CHS library at 7:00 pm. A
listing of PTO meeting dates is provided on this website.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: There are numerous opportunities for parents and staff to volunteer through the PTO. In addition to serving on the PTO Board as an Officer or Committee Chair, there are also opportunities for parents and staff to:
· Bake for Open House, Staff Appreciation events, Social events, Bake Sales and other events held at CHS;
· Help prior to or the night of the All Night Graduation Party (last day of school)
· Assist at our Fundraising events;
· Serve on the PTO Scholarship Committee (Freshmen, Sophomore or Junior parents only) to help select qualified Seniors for our Scholarship awards;
· Help with the PTSO (PTO Student Chapter) at their monthly meetings and/or service projects;
· And other general volunteer opportunities.
MORE INFORMATION: For more information about the CHS PTO, or to contact any PTO officer or committee chair, please e-mail Pam Skydel at firstname.lastname@example.org.