Click here for a 2015 Booster Club Application
WHY JOIN THE SMITH BOOSTER CLUB?
- Your child is a student athlete, and you want to contribute to this positive experience.
- You want to be proud of the athletic offerings at your school, its equipment, and its facilities
- You want to be involved in the decision-making process of how things get prioritized and funded within Boosters
- You know that academics should and will always receive first priority in the budget, so you want to help meet the athletes’ needs.
WHAT DOES THE SMITH BOOSTER CLUB DO?
- We work with the athletic staff to identify and sponsor special athletic needs.
- We provide parent liaisons to the coaches, to understand and support the needs of each team.
- We assist with communication to athletes’ families regarding fundraising activities, team activities, snack schedules and the team banquet.
- We make direct donations to meet the needs of the sports teams.
- We encourage school spirit by attending games and supporting our athletes.
- We sell merchandise so that students and their families can share their Cyclone pride within the community.
- We raise funds through Booster Club memberships, concession sales, merchandise and other special fundraisers.
- We host a sports banquet for all athletic teams at the end of each season.
WHO ARE THE BOOSTER CLUB MEMBERS?
- The people you see watching their young athletes playing at sporting events
- The people who serve in the concession stands during games
- The students and parents who clean up the school grounds on Smith School Pride Day
- The people who decorate and serve food at the sports banquet each season.
- The people who organize, work, and play at the annual Cyclone Games.
- The people who support their child’s dreams of having a great year.
COME AND JOIN US
- We meet the first Monday of the month in Mr Sleeman's Classroom @ 3.30pm
- Sept 15, Oct 5, Nov 2, Dec 7
- Our athletes not only need your financial
support but also your physical support by giving your time in whatever way you
- Teams who have at least one parent representative attending our meetings will be awarded $75
The more parents who join and become active, the more efficiently we can meet the needs of our athletes. Volunteer 30 minutes or 30 hours! We have an opportunity to fit your schedule and talents.
Questions? Contact: Cory Greene: firstname.lastname@example.org OR (919) 932-4985
Lorna Macdonald: email@example.com OR (919) 259-3238
Read the full Smith Booster Club Bylaws.
2015-2016 Smith Booster Club
Please note: The Smith Booster Club supports and subsidizes athletics at Smith. The Club can approve funds toward a purchase. However, decisions about uniform purchases (what, when, how many) are made by the Smith Athletic Director.
BOOSTER CLUB FUNDRAISERS
The Booster Carwash Fundraiser was a great success and all our athletes had great fun!
A Big Thankyou to all those who participated & contributed! The next carwash will be in the Spring.
Our next Sports Fundraiser will be the
from 2/11 to 11/20.
Watch this space for information closer to the time