Workspace & Toolbar
Just as it is in Adobe Illustrator
- Opening the application/specific file(s)
- Adjusting the Workspace preset
- Showing/hiding rulers and guides
- Tools/"hidden" tools
- Zooming and using the Navigator window
- Shortcuts: Command +, Command - and Command 0
- Free Transform, Rotate
- Shift to scale
- Text tool
New to Photoshop OR Different from how we used them in Illustrator.
- Undo, redo and the History window
- Creating layers -- Why use layers?
- Hiding/deleting layers
- Adjustments > Levels, Adjustments > Hue/Saturation
- Cropping an image down in size OR using crop to expand your canvas
- Colors, brush styles
- Move tool -- Moves everything on the layer/within current selection
- Saving .JPGs vs. .PSDs -- Unless told otherwise, submit .psd files for grading/review.