The study of typefaces and the interaction between letters/paragraphs.
- Fonts (Font family) (Size, bold, regular, italic etc..)
- Font types (Serif, San Serif, Script, Decorative)
- Leading (Space measured— baseline to baseline)
- Kerning (Close/Open space between letters) ** KERN ME **
- Alignment (Left, center, right)
It's important to know a little about type before we think about how it can work in our designs. Here's a quick overview and history of type. We will discuss parts of the character in more detail as well.