Thank you for taking the time to learn about our department. We hope you find our website helpful and informative. You will find information about our staff, our procedures, our philosophy, as well as helpful informational pages about issues that challenge students and families. We look forward to working with you and your student in the years to come.
The Student Services Department Philosophy
The comprehensive Student Services Department at East Chapel Hill High School promotes the academic achievement and the social and emotional growth of all students. Students and families have access to individual, group and family counseling. In addition, large group informational sessions are held throughout the year for students and parents. We respect the dignity of every student regardless of age, race, disability, ethnic group, gender, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status.
School Counselors Believe:
- Every student can learn, and every student can succeed.
- Every student should have access to and opportunity for a high-quality education.
- Every student should graduate from high school prepared for postsecondary opportunities.
- Every student should have access to a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators, other school staff and education stakeholders.
- School counselors are leaders in the school, district, state and nation.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs promote and enhance student academic, career and social/emotional outcomes.
American School Counselor Association. (2006). The ASCA national model: A framework for school counseling programs (2 ed). Alexandria, Va: Author.