Objectives and Activities
- Enhance knowledge of livelihood practices and the skills required to manage available resources. Conduct trainings tying up with technical partners; related to:
- Organic farming
- Animal husbandry
- Financial aid for credit needs
- Raised-bed agriculture
- Kitchen garden
- Fodder enrichment-Azolla
- Systematic Rice Intensification (SRI)
- Promote farmer groups around specific products and services identified via value chain analysis and work towards facilitating bigger share for them. This is achieved through both backward linkages like collective procurement and forward market led interventions.
- Create a cadre of community resource persons called Upjeevika Jankars to perform field extension services and marketing.
- Promote entrepreneurship through skill trainings like tailoring, bag making and handicraft.