Objectives and Activities
- Increase awareness of community about basic health care and develop their capacity to assess, demand and monitor quality of health services by organizing and training them. Community Based Monitoring of Public Healthcare System through strengthening of Village Health Committees, social audits at Jan Sunwais, monitoring utilization of funds to villages as part of the National Rural Health Mission Program.
- Facilitate community health security through SHGs. Equip community to better absorb health shocks through Micro Health Insurance Program - Dipti Arogya Nidhi. Covering nearly ten thousand members for up to Rs. 15,000 per annum coverage.
- Develop a cadre of rural women as Para Health Jankars who serve as resource person in rural preventive health care in their own and neighboring villages fortifying the ASHA initiative.
- Create a network of trusted private healthcare providers and encouraging them to provide affordable health facilities to the poor. In inaccessible areas, conduct regular Health Check Ups by Mobile Doctor and Health Camps.
- Build and strengthen village level water, sanitation, hygiene, health and nutrition committees. Develop Model Villages with clean kitchen, clean water and kitchen nutritious garden, 100% coverage by public healthcare system for demonstration.