* Chair yoga has kept me flexible/ strong even at 74. Vidya's classes are always interesting and challenging, The class goes by fast even when I am working hard. Then there is the reward-- meditation. - Sara Kalina, Buffalo Grove, 05/26/2016.
* I can't say enough about Vidya. I was nervous about doing any kind of exercise class because of bad back issues and nerve damage to my leg. Vidya takes the time to make modifications to accommodate me and my limitations to make this a productive class for everyone. She is so extremely knowledgeable, patient, kind, spiritual, loves working with her students and I really believe loves what yoga does for people. Thank you for all you do. - Barb Turovitz, Buffalo Grove, 04/03/2016.
* My husband is recovering from a stoke and we love our chair yoga class. We both feel it is one of the best things we have done for our well being. - Rebekah Crews, Buffalo Grove, 03/22/2016.
* I look so forward to my Monday night yoga. It is a pleasure to come to your class. You are a talented and kind instructor and I am so grateful to be in a class with such a lovely group of people. Thank you for helping me reach a more peaceful state of mind (I have a long way to go) but it least I am moving in the right direction. Looking forward to our next session. – Celia Stashevskiy, Buffalo Grove, 07/14/2015.
* I love Chair Yoga. I have been doing this class for a few years now and I always feel like I have had a workout. Vidya does a variation of the class each week so it's always fresh. She is concerned about our health and shows us ways to modify the moves for any disability. - E. R., Buffalo Grove, 07/14/2015
* Yoga has been and continues to be wonderful along with the marvelous teacher! - Roberta Schacher, Arlington Heights, 11/26/2014
* She is terrific, great class. Great yoga without being on the floor. I feel great, calm, relaxed & very healthy when I walk out of class. She watches everyone closely, that is important.; - Bonnie Klein, Arlington Heights, 09/30/2014.
* Dear Vidya, I just wanted to write and let you know how much I have enjoyed your class, sometimes I get angry at myself because I can't do some of the thing's as well as I would like, hopefully in time ill be able. The class is a lot of fun, I really, really, really, enjoy at the end of the class how we laugh so abundantly. What a WONDERFUL feeling. I look forward to returning to class in a couple of weeks, Enjoy your time with your family. I'll see you soon. Thank you. - Monica Young, Buffalo Grove, 08/04/2014
* Thank you for being patient with my progress. After three years of inactivity it was refreshing to exercise once again. Your efforts are sincerely appreciated. - Jim Laganowski, Buffalo Grove, 08/01/2014
* Vidya Nahar is an experienced yoga teacher. She is just what a yoga teacher should be. She is calm, spiritual, knows her positions, and she does a variety of different classes just from signing up for a session. Her environment is safe . positive, and I feel energized afterwards. She strengthens as well as stretches each area of our bodies. I felt this class was valuable. - Maryryose Congdon, Buffalo Grove, 07/30/2014
* Have been Vidya's student for many years and due to health reasons, have moved from her regular yoga and other fitness classes to chair yoga. I am so happy to have been able to do so because even though the exercises are done seated on a chair, I find that by the end of the class, I actually still break into a sweat. She constantly changes the sequences so that we are constantly challenged and motivated. At the same time, she helps us modify all exercises to fit our individual needs. This class is heaven-sent for me because without it, I would be at a loss as to how to keep up my activity level without doing further damage to my health. She is an excellent, involved and inspiring teacher. - Mona Das, Buffalo Grove, 01/15/2014
* I enjoy going to the class every week. The stretching has been very good for me. Vidya explains every move and makes sure everyone is doing it correctly. She also shows us how to modify if we need to. -Edie R. (Buffalo Grove), 10/21/2013
* I have been doing Vidya's class for over 2 years. She always makes it interesting And challenging. She is very patient and works with each person's personal needs. She is a very good teacher and I have learned many things from her that I not only do in class but can use at home on my own. I hope she continues to teach this class. -L.R. (Buffalo Grove), 03/26/2013
* Chair yoga has been so enjoyable! Vidya is a great and caring instructor! -Roberta Schacher (Arlington Heights), 03/18/2013
* I have osteoarthritis in my knees and feet and am unable to work out as much as I would like to and used to. Then I found Vidya's chair yoga and am very happy to be able to work out again. She has incorporated every single thing that we used to do in our regular yoga classes and adapted them to the chair. She suggests modifications for every pose so that each one can do it at their one comfort level. Other than the fact that it is easy on my knees and ankles, I feel no difference between these and my other yoga classes. We get a good workout and it keeps getting more challenging as we progress. Because she also includes breathing, meditation and laughter segments in the class, it is a total and complete workout for the mind, body and soul. She is a very patient and kind teacher with a sense of humor, which makes the classes a lot of fun. - M. D. (Buffalo Grove), 03/18/2013
* I love this class. Vidya's classes are challenging, but gentle at the same time. She is creative and encouraging. The laughter at the end of the class always sends me home with a smile on my face. -Linda Petty (Wheeling), 02/11/2013
* Being a member of Vidya's chair yoga class since she started is testimony alone of my appreciation of her expertise. She encourages us to do all we can but does not push.
I know I am standing taller because of her and hope to be working with her for a long time to come. Thank you, Vidya! -P. M. (Buffalo Grove), 06/20/2012
* I have been participating in a senior chair Yoga class with Vidya for just over a year. She is very knowledgeable. She's also an excellent and engaging instructor. For those students who are less than limber, she always has alternative suggestions to move the new participants in easy steps. -Connie Churchill (Buffalo Grove), 06/18/2012
* My name is Sara Kalina. I am 70 years old. I have been taking yoga with Vidya for several years at the Buffalo Grove Park District. I like it so much I will be taking it twice a week. Vidya is a dynamic teacher who gives her students confidence to try new poses and to push a little further. Even though the class is composed of students of many different levels, Vidya makes it challenging for all of us. I love the breathing exercises as well as meditation and laughing exercises. My suggestion is don't say no, try it you"ll probably love it, like I do. -Sara Kalina (Buffalo Grove), 06/17/2012
* I'm an unusually active person for my age and totally enjoy Vidya's classes. Her Senior chair yoga class is age appropriate, fun and exciting. I look forward to the class each week and wish I could attend her class more frequently each week. I would highly recommend her classes to people of all ages. Contrary to belief, it's not just meditation, but also strength training and agility. -Aileen D'Souza (Buffalo Grove), 06/13/2012
* I enjoy being in Vidya's class. She is a wonderful instructor who is able to keep the class fresh and interesting. We are always challenged and motivated. I would recommend her Class to women of all ages. She works with each person to make sure that they are getting the full benefit of the program. Thanks Vidya. Love your class. -Louise Ryba (Buffalo Grove), 06/12/2012