Sra. (Plante) Alexander - email@example.com
If This Is Your First Time Ordering Online:
- REGISTER at scholastic.com/readingclub
- ENTER the Class Activation Code at the top of this letter
- CHOOSE from thousands of print titles, value packs, and Storia eBooks
- SUBMIT the order to me by the due date listed on the website
- EARN FREE Books for our classroom too!
By Yudhijit Bhattacharjee
The New York Times: March 17, 2012
SPEAKING two languages rather than just one has obvious practical benefits in an increasingly globalized world. But in recent years, scientists have begun to show that the advantages of bilingualism are even more fundamental than being able to converse with a wider range of people. Being bilingual, it turns out, makes you smarter. It can have a profound effect on your brain, improving cognitive skills not related to language and even shielding against dementia in old age. Book Box articles on bilingualism
A copy of our schedule is also below.
Our BOOK CLUB Blogs