LOVE. The Eagle
LOVE must be unconditional.
LOVE is defined as:
● A strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties
● Affection based on admiration, benevolence or common interest
● Warm attachment, enthusiasm or devotion
● Unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another
● Benevolence: disposition to do good
The Eagle teaches us LOVE. The Eagle represents love because of its unique relationship with the Creator, as only the Eagle has the ability and strength to fly higher than any other animal, therefore placing it closer to the Creator . Love given to the Great Spirit is expressed through love of oneself, and it is understood that if you cannot love yourself, it is impossible to love anyone else.
Love is the easiest to explain and the most important teaching as everyone needs to love and to be loved. Love all people and all creatures of the world and this love will be returned to you. If one has the love of a parent, a grandparent, siblings, other family members and friends, then this heart felt love must be returned to others as well. You must enjoy yourself as an individual to be able to return love to others.
Eagles are loving parents and teachers to their offspring, protecting and guiding them.
An Eagle's feather represents the Creator's love for us and our need for greater understanding of ourselves and each other.